Tuesday 31 August 2010

One more tent!

Yesterday I got back from Creamfields festival and a whole 24 hours later I am still on a major downer. It was truly one of the best experiences of my life and sitting here, reflecting on the too short time it was, it's really hit me just how much of an impact it had on me. I went with two best friends, all of us never having been to a festival before so equally as excited and curious about what to expect. After an 8 hour journey to Liverpool, we finally got in to the festival, put the tent up and got the beers out. This was the start of 2 days of drinking (though really not as much as I'd anticipated I would), dancing, walking around in mud and getting absolutely filthy. I was so glad it did rain as I'd never worn wellies before and for me I'd envisioned part of the festival experience to be trawling about in muddy wellies not having a care in the world about the filth being trod in - and we most certainly got that. We didn't change for the whole weekend, so we stunk and were covered in all sorts but it really didn't matter - it felt so insanely free to not have to clean as almost everybody there was in the same boat with the exception of silly girls who must have spent hours doing their hair and make-up and putting their best clothes on before they could step into the main dance area. I have never danced so much in my life, and never appreciated dance music so much - the adrenaline was pumping the whole 2 days and we could have stayed and dance for at least another 2 days - and when I say danced I mean frantically waving our arms about and jumping up and down, getting completely lost in the music and the bass and the moment, not having a care in the world about who might have been watching or what we looked like. The whole thing was absolutely amazing, and I'm left with so many little memories of funny or really quite surreal moments - probably one of the funniest being the security team approaching a fire we were all standing around, attempting to put it out with a less than half filled bucket of water, and then standing watching the fire upon failing while asking each other "what shall we do? shall we take that one? i don't know, should we?" - worst security ever!! I miss it so so much and am already planning the next festival, as I know the experience and the feeling that is left after it is something I have already become addicted to. Somebody take me back!

No comments:

Post a Comment