Sunday 15 August 2010

facebook shmacebook..


Today I finally did something I've been wanting to do for a while - I deactivated my facebook account. I started realising how much other peoples lives are thrown in your face, people who you would never normally care about otherwise - so many lives broadcast for all to see. Even people you do care about - why should facebook be the only means of finding out what's going on? If you really care, pick up the phone. It's more on a personal level, as I'd like to spend at least a couple of weeks only communicating via phone or email, as too many people, myself included, become quite antisocial relying only on facebook for updates and brief impersonal chats. So I guess you could say it's an experiment - let's see who I don't hear from now that there isn't the ease of a comment box or a reminder from facebook to 'send Leanne a message'.

No comments:

Post a Comment