Tuesday 4 January 2011

Well

Thank god that's over. A new year has begun and I am more than happy to see the back of 2010, four days in and I am already feeling thoroughly positive about this year and what it has to bring. There will be many significant changes this year, all of which will completely change my life and give me the fresh start I have so desperately needed. In only 5 months time I finish university, followed shortly after by graduation and the gaining of my degree. In 8 months I will become an auntie again; this feels me with the greatest sense of pride because the joy my nephew brings me is a feeling I have never experienced before, and being his auntie, being there to give him eternal love and care,  receiving his love in return, is without a doubt the most satisfying and proudest thing I have ever done in my life so far.
However, most excitingly, before any of this, in just 5 days I will finally be with the person I have been wanting to be next to for 5 weeks - it has been the longest, hardest wait of my life but it will undoubtedly be entirely worth it. A whole lot of shit has gone on as a result of me following my heart, but despite it all as soon as I see his face, feel what my heart does, I realise there is no way events could have happened any differently - for once in my life I needed to be selfish rather than lie to myself and everyone else. I am under no illusion that this will be easy, especially with the sheer distance between us and the fact we'll see each other maybe twice a month, but for once in my life I can see my future so clearly and I am in no way prepared to give this up to keep other people happy. This is our year.


2011, bring it on.

3 comments:

  1. I always tend to follow my head and so far it's got me nowhere, so following your heart sounds like a good plan for 2011 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this year brings you loads of happiness and health Alex xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my lovely - lets hope it does for the both of us! xxx

    ReplyDelete